Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Shape to Symbol GIF

Gif.Apple
Reflection:
                 So, finally here is my completed gif. I will not tell you what it is because that is also apart of the project, so instead figure it out for yourself. This was made in Photoshop specifically using CS6. It is a professional tool with this project being my first project created on this program. I really enjoyed using it a lot, much better than MS Paint. It wasn't without its hardships though.
One of the most frustrating aspects of the program (aside from working with a slow mouse w/o admin powers) was constantly having to switch between the different tools manually. Granted I could have looked it up but hindsight is a thing. None of the tools seem to complicated for me to use. In having prior knowledge of working with MS Paint I knew some of the basics with Photoshop. The mini-lessons in class definitely aided me in learning all the different tools. The selection tools were the most useful set of tools for me because the tools allowed me to microscopically edit my design and fix my unintended marks.
                 Now completing the project the tool that I feel the most confident in using is undo tool. No, its actually the selection tool because I understand what it does and how to apply it. It allows me to work in desired areas without affecting other portions of my design.
The tool that I have gotten better at using is the eyedropper tool because it only does one thing and does that one thing well. This does not include its subsection of eyedropper tools but the main one that selects a color when pointing at a pixel of one color. Simple, effective, incredibly useful. No more having to save paints over night so that you don't have to mix paints just to produce the same colors amiright?
                 The next thing that I would want to create using Photoshop is a short video almost vine-like video of me and my friends doing things. I guess just vines in general but substituting Photoshop for my other programs to edit videos. I would incorporate the most obscure details in my videos and see if people could understand my allusions.



1 comment: